- Gerzuaine, Max, Artists and Galleries of Australia and New
Zealand. Lansdowne Eds., Sydney, 1979.
- McCulloch, Alan, Encyclopedia of Australian Art. Hutchinson
Group, Australia, 1984.
- Gilinour, Pat, Lasting Impressions. Australian National Gallery,
- Germaine, Max, A Dictionary of Women Artists of Australia.
Craftsman House, Australia, 1991
- Who’s Who in Australia, 1997-01.
- Kirby, Sandy, Sight Lines-Women’s Art and Feminist Perspectives
in Australia. -- - Craftsman House, Australia, Gordon and Breach,
- McCulloch, Alanand Susan, Encyclopedia of AustralianAzt.
Allenand Unwin, Australia, 1994.
- Grishin, Sasha, AustralianPrintmakinginthe
1990s-AttistPrintmakers 1990-1995, - Craftsman House, Sydney, 1997
- Pauli, Vicki and Rodriguez, Judith, Noela Hjorth.
GranrottPress, South Australia 1984.
- Noela Hjorth -Journey of a Fire Goddess. Craftsman House, Sydney
- Fantasy of Flight. Limited Edition Book of Etclungs, 1981.
- Noela Hjorth - Journey of a Fire Goddess. Craftsman House,
Handbound Limited Edition, with Etching 1990.
- Sophia and the Seven Serpents. Handbound Art Publication, 1998.
- Sophia and Her Sacred Trees. Handbound Art Publication, with
- Trees of Wisdom and Sophia’ s Sacred Trees. Handbound Art
- 1958-59 Full-time Art studies at Prahran Institute of Technology
- 1960-63 Studied at Royal Melbourne institute of Technology.
- 1968-71 Worked in London. Studied at Chelsea School of Art.
Traveled through Europe.
- 1972-76 Returned to Australia and established own studio.
Lectured part-time at Caulfield Institute of Technology.
Established the Victorian Printmakers’ Group and Australian Print
- Elected Vice-President of the Print Council of Australia.
- 1980-94 Artist in residence at Riverina College of Advanced
Education, Wagga Wagga, NSW.
- Traveled to India, Thailand and Indonesia. Visited Bali and the
gathering of - Aboriginal communities on Groote Eylandt for
special projects on dance and ceremonial festivals.
- Large constructions were based on images inspired by visits to
Northern Australia and Ayres Rock and the Olgas in Central
Australia. Research work in New York, San Francisco, Los Angeles
- 1994-2000 Four installations from Sophia’s Sacred Cycle
including “Seeds, Roots, Shoots and Trees” in Cathedrals and
Churches in Adelaide, South Australia.
- Currently Living and working in Clarendon, South Australia.
1970-2000. Thirty-three solo exhibitions in London, UK, Thailand,
and all Australian States and Territories.
SELECTED GROUP EXHIBITIONS
Twenty five Selected Group Exhibitions in London, UK, New York,
and all Australian States and Territories, including the
Australian National Galley, Canberra.
Represented in many collections including Australian National
Gallery, National Gallery of Victoria, State Galleries of New
South Wales, Western Australia, South Australia, Queens land,
Tasmania and Northern Territory. Regional galleries in the N.
T.Tasmania, Victoria, N.S.W., Qld. and W.A.. Kings College
Hospital and Queen Mazy College, London, UK.. California College
of Arts and Crafts, USA. Victoria and Albert Museum, London.
FiLMS and VIDEOS
Films and Videos on the artist include, “Needle Gouge and Crayon”
(1972), “Fantasy of Flight” (1983), “Journey of a Fire Goddess"
(1996), “Sophia and the Seven Serpents" (1998) and “Sophia’s
Sacred Trees” (2000).
1993 - 2002, Art Addiction Internet Art Museum
AAIAA -Art Addiction International Art association