1.Abstract Autumn Roses, 2015 tempera on canvas 18x24 cm., NFS. 2.Autumn
Roses I, 2015 tempera on canvas 12x18 cm., NFS. 3.Autumn Roses II, 2015 tempera on canvas 30x40 cm., NFS. 4.Blanche de Belgique, 2012 oil on canvas 27x27 cm., NFS. 5.Charles de Mills, 2012 oil on canvas 18x24 cm., NFS.
6.Rose Blusch Damask, 2013 oil on canvas 12x18 cm., NFS.
Cornelia, 2012 oil on canvas 24x28 cm., NFS.
8.Rose Ispahan, 2012 oil on canvas 24x30 cm., NFS.
Omar Kayam, 2012 oil on canvas 18x24 cm., NFS.
10.Roses in Symphony, 2015 tempera
on canvas 30x40 cm., NFS. 11.Svibel,
2009 acrylic on canvas 50x70 cm., NFS. 12.Yellow
Roses, 2011 tempera on canvas 24x30 cm., NFS.
It's all about Roses and Nature
Believing that surroundings can influence one` s health and mind, Painter and Physiotherapist Aase Birkhaug has combined her two passions by painting roses for a soothing effect. Having fallen in love with flowers, nature and painting from early age, it was only natural to merge these factors together at some point, and by combining the aesthetic beauty of botany with her skills as a painter. It is documented that colors have an effect on the sensory system, and some years ago I made the waiting room in my physiotherapy office into an exhibition for my paintings, so I discovered that it influenced the patient s mental state. My paintings are regularly described as very soft and mild. The color combinations I use are tastefully and delicately fused to make a motif that can be described as very soothing to the eye.
I discovered several years ago that Roses have a positive effect on me, almost like healing, and the combination of the smell and the sight feels like a meditation, bringing about a certain calmness, this is something I try to reflect in my paintings. I do my paintings in different media, Aquarelle, Tempera, Gouache, Oil, Acrylics and Pastels. I have been drawing and painting since I was 6 years old. I have had exhibitions both in Norway and several country` s abroad during the years 1990 – 2016. In my family we have several painters who have inspired my art work and inspired my painting and the paintings I have painted during the years of my painting career. To mention some names in my art family- Anna Sofie Brunchorst Ibsen who run the painting school in Bergen, Norway early in the 1900, Henrik Ibsen the famous poet, Harald Ibsen my grandfather, Borghild Ibsen my aunt and prof dr med Conrad Birkhaug, a very famous doctor working in USA for many years, a famous doctor and an artist- my father s uncle. I have attended art and art painting classes during the years from I was 13 years old until this anno 2016.
• My own Atelier and Galleri 39 Grønnestølsvei Bergen 2004-2015
• Hole Speil och Ramme Bergen 2004-2016
• Prydkunst Hjertholm Bergen Sentrum and Lagunen– Art cards Roses 2004-2006
• Primstaven Nesttun Bergen – commission sale 2004-2006
• Galleri 151 Alvøen 2004-2005 Summer Exhibition /Out in our Garden
• Cafe Moldegaard Oslo Hordaland; Spring–Summer Exhibition 2005
• Cafe Moldegaard Oslo Hordaland Easter Exhibition
• Solo Exhibition: The Lady and Womens Dinner - Fjøsanger Art Collections at Reksten
• Solo Exhibition: Anemone Flower & Gift Shop 2004
• Solo Exhibition: Sea and Marine Research Faculty in Bergen 2004
• Solo Exhibition: Det Hvite Hus / The White House Interior Shop /Paradise Bergen 2004
• Collective Exhibition Barcelona, Gallery Sala Barna 2003
• Collective Exhibition Summer Grebenhain, Germany 2002
• Solo Exhibition - NM in Dressage Riding Moldegaard Oslo 2002
• Solo Exhibition Flexibox Berstadhusets Aula 2002
• Exhibition Freiaparken Norwegian Rose Association Oslo 2001
• Garden for Everybody - Sjølystsenteret Norsk roseforening 2001
• Solo Exhibition Moldegaard Dressur grand Prix stevne 2001
• Collective Exhibition Oslo (Humanitarian exhibit for children in Brazil
• Collective Exhibition Solstrand Fjord Hotel Oslo Hordaland 1991
• Collective Exhibition Gamle Bergen 1992
• Collective Exhibition -Kløverhuset Bergen 1990
• Hardanger Antikk Grova 2001
• Birthe Bo Interior shop Bergen 1990-1993
• Paintings Roses – Hole speil and Ramme Bergen 1990-2016
• Paintings - Dammplass-stua Oslo 1990-1992
• Paintings - Galleri Primstaven Bergen 2004-2005
• Paintings - Vildanden Gave and Interiør Grimstad 2004 - 2010
• Paintings - MK Interiør forretning Nesttun Bergen 2004-2005
• Paintings - Annekset Interiør and Gave Geilo 1991-1994
• Spring International Salon Taza Morocco 2nd edition 2016
• Taza Morocco International Biennale 2nd edition 2016
• Represented by Art People Gallery since 2016
• Represented by Saatchi Art since 2016
• Represented by Fine Art America since 2016
• Represented by Artslant since 2016
• Represented by Etsy since 2016
• Represented by Artavita since 2016
• Represented by ArtUPClose since 2016
• Represented by nace.network/aasebirkhaugbirkhaug1125
• Honorable Awarded Artist in Spring International Art Exhibition, Taza Morocco 2016
• Awarded Diploma of Excellence (Honorary Award) Art Addiction Watercolors Annual Exhibition & Competition of Contemporary Art 2016-2017
• Awarded Diploma of Excellence (Honorary Award) MAB3 | Media 3 Art Biennial 2016-2018
• Awarded Diploma of Excellence (Honorary Award) Art Addiction 9th Female Artist's Art Annual 2016-2017
• Awarded Diploma of Excellence (Honorary Award) Art Addiction
11th Artists Of Today Annual 2016-2017
• Art Contest July 2016 ICAC Art Critics –selected as one of the twelve best 2016
• Online art Contest Artavita 2016 Certificate of Excellence 19th online art contest.
• Represented in Scan Magazine – article 2013 by Journalists: issuu.com/scanmagazine/docs/scanmagazine_48_jan_2013/16
• / here is a link to Scan Magazine version 2013 http://issuu.com/scanmagazine/docs/scanmagazine_48_jan_2013/1
• Representations in Rose Associations and News Papers in Norway with articles and paintings.
• Represented in Healing Today UK – Article – Design – Roses and Healing.
• Board Member in the Norwegian Rose Association Hordaland Norway 2016
• Fine Art America Profile: http://fineartamerica.com/profiles/aase-birkhaug.html
• Saatchi Art Profile: saatchiart.com/account/profile/841528
• Artslant Profile: hartslant.com/global/artists/show/454237-aase-birkhaug
• Art People Gallery Profile: artpeoplegallery.com/roses-nature-aase-birkhaug/
• Facebook Aase Birkhaug Art: facebook.com/aasebirkhaugart
• Google Blog – Aase Birkhaug Blog: aasebirkhaug.blogspot.no/
• Twitter Profile: twitter.com/aasebirkhaug
• Etsy profile: etsy.com/no-en/people/aase400?ref=hdr_user_menu
• Etsy Webshop: etsy.com/no-en/shop/AASEBIRKHAUGART?ref=hdr_shop_menu
• Artavita Profile: artavita.com/artists/12350-aase-birkhaug
• ArtUpclose Profile: artupclose.com/aase-birkhaug
• Art Contest – Platform; Participating in Artist of The Year – Redwood Media Group USA June 2016
• Represented at Talnts since June 2016 -@aasebirkhaug
• Artavita Art Contest May – June 2016
• Participating Art Contest Platform Artist of the Year 2016 Redwood Media group USA
• Invited by PAKS Gallery Curator Team to participate in their projects from June 2016
• Invited by Art Monaco Team to participate in Art Monaco Exhibition 2016 – 2017
• Invited by PAKS GALLERY and participating in the International Art Fair Caroussel de Louvre Paris 21-23 October 2016.
• Participating in Art Contest at Artslant round V June 2016.
• Participating Contemporary Art Fair Montreux 9-13 November 2016- invited by Paks Gallery
• Article in Art Monaco Magazine October – November 2016
• Invited by Artifact Gallery New York for a solo exhibition 2016.
• Participation in Art Addiction Watercolors Annual Exhibition & Competition of Contemporary Art 2016-2017
• Participation in Art Addiction MAB3 | Media 3 Art Biennial 2016-2018
• Participation in Art Addiction 9th Female Artist's Art Annual 2016-2017
• Participation in Art Addiction 11th Artists Of Today Annual 2016-2017
• Participation in Artoteque.com 3rd aBiennial London 2016-2018
Facebook site with more of my paintings: facebook.com/aasebirkhaugart
Google Blog – Aase Birkhaug Blog: aasebirkhaug.blogspot.no
Art People Gallery: artpeoplegallery.com/roses-nature-aase-birkhaug
Saatchi Art saatchiart.com/account/profile/841528
Fine Art America: fineartamerica.com/profiles/aase-birkhaug.html